While schools are closed during this uncertain time, your kids need to get some exercise every day. Turning exercise into a fun activity can be done in a living room or hallway and will have everyone stimulated, tired out, and laughing after just a few of them.
Here are 5 fun indoor exercise games to keep your kids entertained:
- Doing headstands—This activity is often easy for kids and it exercises core muscle groups and increases blood flow to the brain.
- Play follow the leader—This is a fun activity and the leader can add movements like jumping, clapping, and squatting to make the exercise more energetic.
- Jumping jacks—Kids love to do jumping jacks and having them do 50 reps will tire them out.
- Have a pillow fight—You know the drill!
- Have a cleaning competition—This has the added benefit of getting things cleaned up while you exercise. Play some music or set a timer and see who’s the fastest at decluttering their bedroom.
And for foot and ankle problems you may be having, contact your foot care professionals. You can count on the foot doctors at Foot & Ankle Specialists, PC to provide fast relief for your aching feet using a full range of both conservative and surgical therapies. Our expert team, including board-certified podiatrists Dr. Scott E. Hughes, Dr. Greg P. Vogt, and Dr. Christine I. Tumele, serve patients of all ages with state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment technologies including onsite digital x-ray, ultrasound, diabetic shoes, and digital scanning for custom orthotics. For any questions or to make an appointment, please contact us at one of our Southeast Michigan facilities in Monroe (734-241-0200) and Lambertville (734-856-8900) (Bedford and Monroe counties). We also offer convenient house calls from Monday through Thursday, so give us a call!