Try and try as we may, losing weight can be extremely difficult for some of us. Deep in our hearts, we know that our lack of progress isn’t due to a lack of effort – so what gives? Over the years, this has been a hot topic among all different areas in the medical community. From our family history to diseases and conditions we may have acquired over our lifetime, weight loss can truly be more difficult to achieve for some than others. This is especially true for those of us with conditions like diabetes or thyroid disease, which have physiological impacts on our bodies that cause them to hold on tight to extra body fat. Did you know there’s another reason why many people have a hard time losing weight – a reason that goes unacknowledged and unaddressed in nearly one out of three people in the United States alone? That reason is foot pain.
3 myths about foot pain:
- Foot pain is just a normal part of life.
- You’re supposed to develop painful feet as you age.
- As long as it goes away sometimes, it’s not worth bringing up.
These three myths couldn’t be farther from the truth. While aging is a natural part of life, foot pain and discomfort is not. Foot pain and discomfort can easily prevent you from achieving your weight loss and fitness goals when you consider these points:
- The easiest way to maintain health is to walk regularly, but foot and ankle pain can make even leisurely walks painful and difficult.
- Undiagnosed foot problems can quickly worsen when you start getting active and impede your progress when an injury occurs.
- Even if you’re taking it slow, the swelling and aching discomfort from various foot and ankle conditions can have lasting effects that keep you from going back for more.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy tip to get the ball rolling again on your fitness and weight loss goals, here it is: schedule an appointment with Dr. Scott E. Hughes, Dr. Greg P. Vogt, or Dr. Christine I. Tumele at Foot & Ankle Specialists, P.C.; plain and simple! Contact us today to get your consultation on the books and be on your way to less pain, more gain. We have two office locations in Monroe and Lambertville to serve you!